Saturday, December 7, 2013

Awesome Restaurant!

Why hello there. I'm not certain why food has been on the brain lately, but I think it has something to do with December. See, living here it's really hard to remember that seasons actually change. Everything is varying degrees of the same.

Anyways, last night I went to an awesome French place called Bistro du Vin across from Great World City and the hawker centre in that general area. Sorry I'm bad about directions/locations, but anyways, Mom said there's also one in Shaw Centre. Regardless, the food rocked. I didn't take any pictures because I'm really not the sort of person to do so, but I can assure you that it was really good.

We turned up there and found out even though the place was booked out, we could eat there as long as we left by 8:30. Not too bad at all for a Friday night. They had a set lunch menu that was $28 or so that looked yummy. To start out we got a mixed meat platter that went really well with the bread. They also had French Orangina which really does taste better than the stuff in cans they sell at school. I got a spring chicken dish that was super yummy. Then I got a chocolate fondant (which is a lava cake for my American readers) which was easily the best I've had in Singapore. It was kind of funny- I kept saying while I was there that I was going to blog about it, and here I am.

The best place about Bistro du Vin is definitely the atmosphere. It actually felt like being in Europe, which is really unusual here where there are so many wannabe European style places. Between the noisy but not annoying surroundings and the general layout of the place, it felt properly French. Also, the service was really good, which is an absolute RARITY in Singapore. Maybe I'll make a post about eating in restaurants here someday.


Well, I'm off looking for Christmas cookie recipes. We actually have friends in Singapore this year to give them away to, for better or worse (I mean, who wouldn't like an entire batch of cookies for themselves?).

No comments:

Post a Comment