Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The First Last Day

Today, June 5th, was my last day as a Sophomore at SAS.


It's weird typing that out. It doesn't feel like that long ago that I was sitting on the third floor with a bunch of people who's names I didn't know at lunch, anxiously typing a blog post so I could avoid being social. Instead, I now sit at home wondering what I'm supposed to do with all my notes from this year.

Overall, I've had a pretty good school year. The beginning was kind of rough, but that was expected I suppose. I had never changed schools besides moving up through the school system, so a massive school full of people I didn't know in a blazing environment was intimidating. Now I can officially say I'm not a new kid to SAS, which is kind of nice. I still don't know the vast majority of the students (and I really don't know who's in my grade), but at least I can say who my friends are. Throughout the year, I learned to navigate the maze known as the SAS High School, which wasn't easy at times. Ultimately I don't think it was as hard as I thought it was going to be, which is nice.

Enough reflection on the past year. I've been writing this blog for over a year, and if you're really interested in what I've been up to go then you ought to go read it.

Yesterday:

There was no school for the high school yesterday, so I spent the day with Nick. We went to the Harry Potter Exhibit at the ArtScience Museum at Marina Bay Sands. It was a lot of fun!

Yesterday evening, Nick and I baked cookies at his house. I'm only mentioning it because it was kind of an adventure. We started baking by measuring out butter and such. Then we discovered there was practically no sugar in that house. After a quick run to the grocery, we managed to bake sugar cookies. It was rather interesting working with dough that was positively melting in our hands.

Today:

Today was a completely pointless school day. It was pretty much show up, run to all of one's classes only to be released from most of them, and then sit around. I brought Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days with me to school and ended up playing that a fair amount.

After school I went and ended up getting my phone replaced. It's been really glitchy for a while, so I'm delighted to have a functioning phone again.

Quote of the Day:

"We're all mad here!" ~Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland





No comments:

Post a Comment