Friday, June 8, 2012

Productivity Level: -50%

I think it's safe to say that summer has officially hit. At least, I'm in the mental state of lazy-teenager-in-summer.

Yesterday was an interesting day. I went to Nick's house because I thought it was going to be my last chance to hang out with him before we both go on our summer holidays. So, we made sea-salt ice cream from the video game Kingdom Hearts that I've been playing lately. It fell flat on its face because we burned the ice-cream base and generally smelled like burned bread from that moment forward. Eventually we accepted that the whole thing was a bit of a fail and went to lunch. His whole family and I went to a yummy fish and chips place by his house. My only comment was the number of chips in a serving- there was no way to finish all of that! I always feel bad when I end up throwing out food that other people buy for me.

We all rested a bit after lunch- I don't think it's possible to do much after eating lots of french fries. Then, Nick, his brother and I all went swimming in their very pretty pool. Nick described swimming as "flopping around in the water", which is essentially what happened. His brother really enjoyed splashing me and generally being violent towards Nick- I will never understand that sort of thing. Regardless, it was interesting to go swimming in Singapore. I've never actually gone swimming in my own pool... perhaps I should do that at some point, considering I've been living here for nearly a year!

Went to the grocery after leaving Nick's house and picked up some heavy cream so I could try my hand at making sea-salt ice cream. It went slightly better than it did at his house as I didn't burn the base. However, it wasn't as thick as shown in the video I was working out of. Here's the video, if you're interested.




Regardless, the stuff I made ended up tasting quite good. At least I think so- it had a rather cooked flavor to it that was kind of surprising. Without the sea salt, it would have been a lovely vanilla ice cream.

This morning, Nick came over and hung out for a bit. We both tried the sea-salt ice cream I made, it really was tasty.

This afternoon and evening I was re-writing my college essay. I'm going on a college tour in the Northeast in a bit over a week, and I had to write an essay for it. My initial essay about dance was positively awful. It was during finals time and I didn't put very much effort into it. This time, I've put a lot more thought into it and the whole thing is a lot better. At least, I hope it is. I'm writing about visiting Ground Zero at Hiroshima, which is actually quite difficult to write about. Remembering everything gave me chills.

So, I may be blogging even less than I already have been because I'm going on holiday soon. We'll see.

Quote of the Day: "Got it memorized?" Axel, Kingdom Hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment