Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Exciting Day- Istana and Otaku House

Though I didn't want to leave the house (like a lazy butt) today, I'm really glad my mother made me go to Istana with her. Istana is the President's palace here in Singapore, and it's beautiful. The grounds and first floor are only open once in a while, so it was very busy today. Within the palace, we saw a lot of gifts from other countries given to Singapore. I must say, Vietnam, Thailand and India sent the prettiest gifts. I'm a little disappointed in the good old US of A... why were the bowls we gave Singapore like, plain white? It's a little boring next to the gold-work on every other country's stuff. Oh well. I really enjoyed Istana.

I took some vloggity type stuff (borrowing Philip DeFranco's phrasing), which I will post once I finish stringing it together. Why I take 25 second clips is still above my level of intelligence.

After Istana, we went to Plaza Singapura. Since I knew Otaku House was there, I dragged my mother up to the 7th floor.

Now I'm going into nerd mode. Don't want to hear it? Skip this:

They had everything I could possibly imagine for a cosplay store! They had katana, wigs, costumes, and accessories. I found a blue wig cut perfectly for Hikaru (Angelic Layer), so I intend to order it in pink for my upcoming costume. Also, they can order me a Japan (Kiku Honda, Hetalia) costume. They actually had a Germany (Ludwig, Hetalia) costume on a hanger- I started fangirling like a loser. Something tells me the shopkeeper wasn't too happy to deal with me. The one thing I already dislike about cosplay is how much everything is. The costume will be around $100, wig around $40. Ugh. Then I have to make the Hikaru costume, which will probably cost me $80. Thankfully, I baby-sit for families that have 2-3 kids! Otherwise, I think I'd have to manage to get a job. Which I'm not certain I can legally do because I'm here on a DP (dependent pass).

End of Otaku House/cosplay gush.

In short, today was a pretty awesome day. I haven't really done any homework this long weekend (Lunar New Year), which I'm already regretting. Whatever. I have found some new music I really like though. I seem to be mixing my Goth rock obsession with Metal. Doesn't quite make sense, but that's okay.

Then there's the random J-pop thrown in there. Aren't I a bundle of contradictions?

No comments:

Post a Comment