Sunday, December 25, 2011

My Very Merry Elephant-y Christmas

Aw, the title of this blog post rhymed so well until the whole "elephant-y" part. Whatever.

Instead of drinking eggnog around a fire beside a tree, my parents and I went to the Elephant Park. They have like 30 Asian elephants from Sumatra, which is very cool. 3 were born in 2009. The first thing we did was actually take an elephant safari around the park. I was by myself on a relatively small elephant while my parents were together on a larger one. It was really a lot of fun, though it took some getting used to. The forest was really nice and there were lots of pretty butterflies. Afterwards there was an elephant show, but as it started pouring rain, ended early. So, instead of going inside or something remotely logical, my family went to meet and feed a baby elephant. She was named Riski and her birth is apparently on YouTube. Riski was very cute. Petting her head was strange because elephant hair feels like wire. As we were quite hungry after feeding Riski, we had lunch and visited the massive gift shop. I got a Batik plushy elephant... If you can figure out how to leave a comment, suggest a name! We then visited the elephant museum, which was quite interesting, before heading back to the hotel.

At the hotel, I visited the spa and got a Cream Hair Bath while my parents were researching things to do. It wasn't just getting goo in my hair and having it be washed out- it was a whole scalp massage and such. Apparently it's Indonesian, but frankly I don't care if it works.

Dinner was at a place called NOmad, and was super amazing. There was a duo playing music (drumming and saxophone) that made the whole environment more Christmas-y. Food was really good too.

So, it might not have been the picturesque white Christmas with holly, but I think it was a pretty good one anyways.

Happy Christmas, everyone <3

1 comment:

  1. Name him JESUS
    And out of everything in the forest all you could comment on was the butterflies? We're there monkeys or anything else?
    Jacob

    ReplyDelete