Friday, December 9, 2011

Awesome Day

So, I lied. I know I said I wasn't going to post until after finals, but this afternoon was a relaxing one after exam-review day and good things happened so I'm posting.

First off, I managed to finish my lab report and it didn't look like rubbish. That was nice.
Second, I discovered I am able to read on the schoolbus. This comes in handy.

Then, I had two really boring classes in the morning that aren't worth discussing further.

After lunch, I went to History of China. Since it was only a semester course, today was the very last day of class. After the teacher handed back all of our tests, he started talking about the excellence award. This is an award given to an outstanding student in the particular subject. Then, he started describing the student.

Now, there was a boy in my class I'll call... um... Chris. Because his name starts with a "C" and it's the first name that popped into my head. Anyways, he was generally considered the smartest kid in class and generally got the highest marks overall. My teacher liked to joke, "why can't you all get as high grades as Chris?" Anyways, everyone thought that he was going to get the award.

However, my teacher walked towards my desk and handed it to me! Here's my medal. I also got a certificate but I can't get the lighting to work in my room, so it just looks like a blue piece of paper.

Please forgive the weird angle- I'm lying on the floor on my stomach. 

Needless to say, I'm thrilled I got the award. I put a lot of work into my History of China class, and it's probably the best course I've ever taken in my life (so far). I also talked about it waaay too much on this blog. So, yeah. Bragging rights!

There was a Christmas song assembly after Algebra (another class not worth mentioning), which was pretty cool. I'm actually going to start tech club next semester, so I hung out in the control booth and learned a bit about how the lights work. It's confusing. 

This evening, my family went shopping and bought a somewhat lovely fake Christmas tree for S$50. Not bad, considering most places charged S$200+. Actually, quite good!

So this concludes my eventful day in a pretty rambly blog post. In short- today was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment