Saturday, November 9, 2013

I Went to Bangkok!

Whoops, sorry it's been a while since I last posted. Anyways, I went to Bangkok on Monday and got back on Thursday. My mom and I had fun exploring the city. Not somewhere I'd want to live, but for sure an awesome place to visit.


Welcome fruit


Me and yummy apple crumble stuff


Thing that means this particular temple had royal patronage


Bell


Symbolic of something


This photo freaked my dad out


Mom and alms bowls


Wat Arun, Temple of Dawn. Darn cool. I climbed up to the top, Mom went 2/3 of the way up. 


Shadow puppets!


It wasn't a super busy trip, which I really appreciated. Actually, it was pretty relaxing. We only went to two major temples, which was nice because it's really easy to get templed out here in SEA (gee, don't I sound spoiled). Did some shopping, went on a dodgy boat (Dad would have never thought the thing was seaworthy), a cool boat, a ferry boat and a tourist boat. Successfully did not fall in the brown water. Also, ate mangoes, drank Thai tea, and did not get run over. What more can you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment