Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Layover in Heathrow

12 hours down. 6 to go. Chance of insanity: medium. Chance of eating another bacon roll: 90%


Well, I'm in British Airways Lounge passing time chatting with people on Facebook. I'm tired even though I slept for a while, and completely off time zone. It's 3pm in Singapore, some time in the morning in the UK, and 3am in Boston. Flying backwards is worse than flying forwards in time. 


The stuffed sheep (Fluffy) Nick got me way back when smells like the airplane. Actually, so do I. I hate the way airplanes smell- it's just gross, you know? There was this little kid on the airplane who was jealous I had a plushy with me while he did not. He also thought it was cool to stare at me. His grandmother didn't seem to care, which is really weird. If my child was staring at random passengers, I'd tell them off. Another thing about airplanes I don't get- why are babies/small children allowed in Business and First class? I suppose they are paying passengers... but seriously, I think exactly nobody would really mind if the screaming children stayed in coach. I'm going to remember this when I'm a mom. I'll fly Business, and my husband can fly coach with the kids!


Just kidding. 

So, I'm really bored, so I'm people watching. There are about a million different sorts of people... the people who just walked in are really loud. Others are quiet, sleeping (often with funny faces), or generally bored looking.

YAY FOR LAYOVERS (psh). 

No comments:

Post a Comment