Monday, July 8, 2013

Getting Ready to Fly


I don't think I've mentioned it up until now, but I'm flying out of Singapore tonight. We're going on British Airways, which is quite the change because we haven't flown with them since our Europe trip (which was back when I was 9). It does mean we have a layover in London, but that won't be too bad because Heathrow is fun to explore and I do believe they have Cafe Nero there. Honestly, one of my favourite parts of London was that place, and its wonderful hot chocolate!

I had a "when you're an expat moment" just now that I wanted to write about. It is: You know you're an expat when your Hungarian paprika-container-turned-coin-storage has four different currencies in it!

There's Sri Lankan rupees, British pence, USD, and Singapore dollars in that thing.


So this amused me greatly. Needless to say the biggest pile is Singapore dollars, followed by USD, Sri Lankan rupees, and British pence. After my trip, I'm pretty sure the USD and British pence will be bigger piles than the Sri Lankan money. Anyways, I think this is pretty cool. That being said, the pennies are not. Seriously America, get rid of your pennies and round to the 5 cent like Singapore! So much easier. 

Anyways, I'm ready for this trip. I haven't finished packing yet but I'm close enough, so that's good. 

Here's some other random pictures of food and such that I've been eating around Singapore. 

Strawberry ice with soft cream, jellies, and snow fungus. From Dolce Tokyo, 313 Somerset


My mom and I at the Japanese place in GWC on the first floor. The green tea ice cream is actually mine.


Parfait from the Matcha place in Orchard Central


Not food, but a chop my dad got from China. The stone is called chicken blood, and the writing is my name in old-school Chinese print. 


Will post again in America, the land of the (sorta) free!

No comments:

Post a Comment