Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Future... Perhaps

The amount of questions Juniors get about where we want to go to college, what we want to study, what we want to do when we grow up (interesting people never grow up at all, anyways), and where we want to live is driving me crazy.


So now I'm going to write down what I'm thinking about at the moment, and redirect people to this blog post when they ask me.

At the moment, I'm interested in studying in the United Kingdom. I cango for University of Westminster, or shoot for the stars with Cambridge. Either way, I don't know if I'm interested in an American liberal arts education. Seems like a lot of wasted time studying things you don't care about, unlike the UK when one jumps into the subject of interest on day one.

What I want to study: sociology, international relations. Why? Because I've loved history since I was a small child, but I don't want to be a straight-up history person. I like trends and blending cultures too much. History is very political, while sociology is a little bit of everything.

What I want to do when I grow up: Not leave academia.  Either teach, get my PhD and become a professor, make documentaries, write books or textbooks, tutor, whatever. No business for me!

Where I want to live as an adult: Probably not in the United States. Many European and Asian countries seem pretty cool. So does Canada.


Mkay? That should end the noise for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment