Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day in sunny Singapore, and I feel like writing a post about my mother that can end with a totally unrelated but very cute video that will hopefully make my mother laugh when she reads this post. Anyways....


My mom is a really cool woman, even if she embarrasses me sometimes. She'll dance to any music with a beat from horrifically bad rap to Gymboree children's songs and everything in between. She also likes flowers and plants and stuff and keeps the plants in my room alive even though they were probably doomed to die the second they got put in my room. Not entirely certain how she's so good with plants, but it's pretty neat. She makes really good mashed potatoes (though she whips them instead of mashes them), stew, and generally everything.

My mom is also a good listener and really fun to talk to. It doesn't matter if she knows the topic extensively or if I have to fill her in as we go along (hello, European history), but she's interesting to listen to as well. She's got a lot of patience for everything and everyone, even people who drive her crazy like the new manager lady.

Mom is also willing to go the extra mile for her friends. Though I personally have no idea why she bothers sometimes, my mom is always willing to help out her friends, or find someone to help them out for her if she really can't. It's something I admire, and something I should probably start doing.

So at the end of the day, I really love and appreciate my mother. I just hope she keeps staying this cool and never gets one of those God-awful old-lady haircuts. Or another mushroom cut, but that's another story.

Love you Mom! I know you'll read this in 20 minutes or so, because you follow this thing religiously!

Now, have a funny video. My mom likes cheese, but I don't know if she likes it as much as MyHarto.

No comments:

Post a Comment