Thursday, April 21, 2011

Adventure/Discovery Day

Today was a pretty busy day. After breakfast we went to SAS again because I had to take a math placement test. It wasn't actually that bad- though it's a bit odd to be the only kid not in uniform while one is at the school because there are awkward glances. I bought a sweatshirt! 
~Before anyone asks me why I bought a sweatshirt... Singapore is actually really cold if you are inside with air conditioning all the time. 

Then, I finally ate chicken rice when we went out to lunch with Mrs. Nancy Beth R. She's an SAS mom and was really nice telling my mom about how stuff works here and what to do. Post taxi-catching, we scoped out local grocery and department stores. Since Singapore has so many expats, the grocery stores are more diverse than in the States alone- I'm not entirely certain what some of the stuff was.

Then the adventure started...

So I've really wanted to get a Lolita (google "Lolita fashion") dress/outfit for a while, and because Singapore has a pretty active Lolita population and local store Black Alice, I wanted to see if I could buy something while I was visiting. After much Googling, I found that Black Alice sells at this place called The Blog Shop in Haji Lane. I was super thrilled because Black Alice sells really high-quality dresses. Anyways, Haji Lane is not so great. I mean like tattoo parlours, massage places, and sex shop not so great. Obviously I did not know that when I was looking this up! Anyways, I managed to find a dress that is very cute and everything. It's by Baby, The Stars Shine Bright if anyone cares. But seriously, I think I've got some serious skills to find a not-so-great area on my fourth day here in Singapore. 
Whole dress!

Detailed Front, No Bow


The back







 Me!




After the little adventure, we ate at this restaurant at the Grand Hyatt called the Mez9. It was amazing and super expensive, but well worth it. I was going to take a picture but... oops. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Natalie!!! I love your latest entry!! Love the dress. Are you going to wear that for your birthday? It is so beautiful. It looks great on you!! Did you find a place to live? I love you!!! Aunt Nancy oxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't decided if I'll wear it for my birthday- I'm leaning in the direction of yes. We found places we want to live, but we cannot sign the lease yet.

    ReplyDelete