Thursday, January 23, 2014

My Stupid Knee, and Organization

It's been a while, as usual. Posting consistently isn't easy for me, even though I used to be pretty good at it. Things worth talking about have been happening though, so it's time for a blog entry.

First off, I've hurt my knee some way or another. I think it started from Chingay rehearsal and got worse when I fell, but what I do know is that it's currently in a black knee brace now. I'm not a huge fan of the brace, but I have stay largely unbroken until after the parade.

Second, Chingay parade rehearsals are exhausting! We had to wait two hours for food last night (which my group didn't eat, since we didn't eat anything at the rehearsal prior), and then we started "rehearsal". I really don't understand why this rehearsal was on a school night. If you do, let me know.

At least Singaporeans are quite nice, at least the ones we were hanging out with while waiting. A bunch of them were playing some card game and doing press-ups when they lost. It was rather entertaining, especially since some of their press-ups weren't very good. My teacher and I agreed that one boy was doing "butt-ups" rather than "press-ups" since he wasn't using his arms!

I ought to be dancing now, but I'm taking it easy with my stupid knee and not dancing until the parade. The athletic trainer person called Tomo here has been really great helping me not fall apart, which is nice. I didn't know Tomo was a person at first, since "TOMO" could be an acronym for something, and the phrase "going to Tomo" could be a person or a location! Whoops XD

No comments:

Post a Comment