Thursday, January 10, 2013

Random Natural Beauty Ramblings

So, this blog isn't a beauty blog, and it will never turn into one. But today, while avoiding working on my AP Euro paper, I've also done some research on natural beauty.

There's this Western concept these days that everyone is beautiful in some way, both inside and out. I think that's a great concept, but I'm certainly not above playing with natural "beauty aids" for clearer skin or whatever.

Also, apparently there's a movement online called "No shampoo" or "No Poo" in which you only wash your hair with baking soda and apple cider vinegar. There are some variations, all using natural stuff on your hair. I'm not certain if I want to try this. Does it actually get your hair clean? Besides, I just bought a massive bottle of this great-smelling shampoo, so I don't want it to go to waste.

~~~

I "invented" a face mask today. I'm sure someone else has already come up with it, but this seems to be working pretty well with my skin.

- 1 tbsp green tea
- 1 tsp yogurt
- Oatmeal
- A bit of honey

Mix all that stuff together. It should be pretty runny, but that's okay. Apply to face and sit around with it looking like a hot mess until you're tired of wearing it and want to wash it off. The end.

~~~


Maybe I'll start a natural beauty vlog. Or at least I'll make a couple of videos. That sounds fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment