Monday, November 12, 2012

Anime Festival Asia

Finally, I have something Singapore related to blog about! How terribly exciting.


Yesterday I went to Anime Festival Asia, or AFA. It was at the Singapore Expo out by Changi Airport, which really wasn't a bother at the end of the day. I wore my Baby The Stars Shine Bright JSK, which was fun even though there really weren't a lot of other Lolitas there.

Here's what I saw there:

Cosplayers: Unsurprisingly, there were a lot of Naruto cosplayers. There were also more Vocaloids than I could count- mostly Hatsune Miku and Kagamine Rin. I'm so glad that I never considered being one, considering a lot of the outfits were really good. In addition, there was a Slenderman (on stilts), a Cardcaptor Sakura or two, and a few Pikachu as well. Oh, and there was a China and England cosplayer from Hetalia!

Cafés: There were two cosplay cafés there, the Moe High School Café and the Royal Gakuen something or another Café. Naturally, the Moe cafe was aimed towards males, while the Gakuen was aimed forwards females. Nick and I didn't go into those, but seeing the queues was pretty funny.

Food: There were two little vendors selling food- takoyaki and yaki-soba. The takoyaki was pretty good, though I've had better yaki-soba. It was a yummy breakfast when it wasn't super crowded or anything around 9am. There was also a snack vendor selling various Japanese sweets, snacks and instant noodles. They were pretty expensive, but I finally got my fruit drops.

Art: Various vendors were selling prints of their artwork. I got a large Cardcaptor Sakura print, and various smaller Hetalia ones.

Stuff: Cat ears, bunny ears, bunny hats, cosplay swords, cosplay weapons, legos, figurines, and pretty much anything else you can come up with were all being sold.

Vendors and Such: There were many different stations around that had lots of games, videos, advertisements, and paid cosplayers.


Things I Didn't See:

Concerts, Celebrities (who were apparently doing signings), Angelic Layer Cosplayers

Would I go again?

You betcha! It was really fun to see everything, and Nick had a good time too. Next year though, I'm cosplaying.

No comments:

Post a Comment