Tuesday, May 3, 2011

It's Been a While

Hello,

I have to say, I'm kind of really missing Singapore right now. I've been meaning to post my final conclusions for a while, but I guess I forgot...

1. Singapore is very clean. There's hardly any rubbish on the streets, and the public bathrooms (where we were) were FAR cleaner than the ones in the States.

2. There's construction everywhere. Apparently buildings over 20 years old are not popular with renters/buyers so there's constant renovation and re-building.

3. The food is amazing. Everywhere we ate was awesome- the hawkers may have been the best. I was craving hawker chicken wings the other day... mmm....

4. SAS is an amazing school. My credits transferred smoothly and I'm super excited to go there next year.

5. There's a relatively active Loli community, which is very neat. Can't wait to join in once I build more of a wardrobe.

6. Singapore is conservative. I didn't see any colourful hair, unusual piercings, or people dressed particularly interestingly. Boo Hoo.

I'm taking culture classes on Thursday and Friday, which means I'm missing school. I'll update some of what I learn here :D

2 comments:

  1. Hi Natalie!!! love this blog post! So do you want another Loli dress for your birthday from me? I love you! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have your email address, but if you email me at natalie_mei@me.com I'll respond :D

    ReplyDelete